Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I ate Wednesday

The other night I was playing on pinterest and somehow stumbled upon this lovely lady

And I signed up for my first ever Foodie Pen Pal

I was assigned a pen pal to send TO and one I will be receiving FROM and I 'met' these two really neat fun ladies by reading their blogs. They are both have WAY healthier life styles than me... and I learned a lot scrolling through their prior posts.

One of the things I read about was WIAW- What I ate Wednesdays...
I think it is supposed to be a healthy thing, but I thought it looked fun to just do... then I will review and try to make improvements. SO here is my first WIAW----

Started off the day with my usual Nutri-grain bar and water - 

Mid morning snack--- a handful of yummy goldfish 

 For Lunch I grabbed some Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus, a pita and a DP .... They give you SO much hummus per serving I could only eat 1/3 of this... snack for tomorrow! 

  My friend Jereme made a plate of cookies for my birthday and brought them today... so I had to have one!

Wednesday night is Bible Study/Family night so I always try to make something new when everyone comes over. Tonight I made Taco Macaroni and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

Ingredients

  • 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 3/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning
  • Shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

  • Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
  • oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer
  • pink; drain.
  • Stir in the tomatoes, soup, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to
  • a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until
  • thickened.
  • Drain macaroni; stir into meat mixture and heat through. Sprinkle
  • with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.


It says 6 servings but it was more like 10 for us... Everyone agreed it just tastes like goulash lol. 

The cake was good, but sure sat in my stomach like a brick! If you are interested in the recipe click here

There you have it... everything I put in my face today : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment