Sunday, March 25, 2012

Heart Happy

So here is a BUNCH of posts jammed into one for an update :)

Monday: So I can officially prove that eating at home cost more.... at least for us. We have been eating at home and our garbage disposal went out and we had to replace it... luckily Kenny could do all the work so it just cost us the price of the disposal (about $80), but still I thought I had a pretty valid point : )

I made this dessert for Bible study:



2 oz cream cheese, softened 
6 tablespoons peanut butter
3/4 cup whipped topping, divided 
1/2 cup plus 2 TBS graham cracker crumbs 
1 TBS sugar
4 1/2 teaspoons butter, melted 
1 1/4 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips 

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Set aside. 

Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter until coarse crumbs frm. Press 1 TBS of crumb mixture into four parfait glasses. Spoon about 2 TBS peanut butter mixture over crumbs, sprinkle 2 TBS chocolate chips. Repeat Layers. Top with remaining whipped topping and chocolate chips. YIELD 4 Servings 

Simple & Delicious Magazine Mar/April 2006

Tuesday after piano I picked up this awesome craft storage container from a friend (Keri Tieman) who was getting rid of it. TOTALLY made my day! I have one just like it that already lives in my craft room.


On Wednesday I worked on my swap cards for the Scrapbooks Etc Card Swap. This is what I came up with: 


Thursday I got a surprise at work! Kenny sent me a Bonsai plant! He said he picked that so it would last longer. I really love it, although I know I will probably slowly kill it... Its 3 years old and has some flower buds on it. 

My mom got a new job and started today! Very exciting news for her and we are all excited for her too! 

Since my mom had her car my brother had to find a way to get Jacob from day care... He resorted to using my mom's 3 wheel bike that has the basket... he had to ride over 2 miles each way, across grand ave and the chain fell off at least 3 times during the ride... I know its not funny, but if you heard my brother tell the story you would be rolling on the floor laughing. He is such a great dad and would do whatever he had to for those boys! 

Later in the day I saw Jacob and he was smiley and happy and he wrapped his little arms around my neck as I held him and said, "I like you." Ahhh such a sweetheart. Love that kiddo. 

Mom and I were supposed to go to craft class that evening, but since she had to work later in the day she wasn't able to make it, but I still went and had fun making mine and her book.

These books are made out of coffee filters!! 




Friday was another great day. Our 'New Restaurant Friday" group (Beverly, Donna, Kenny, Jereme etc) went to Satara, a Thai food restaurant, right near our office.  It was SO delicious! I guess we (including Kenny) all like Thai food! I especially liked the spicy fried rice and the crystal noodles! Yummo!


Saturday was another full day!

My mom and I to SOS (Something on Saturday) put on by Jackie's church. This month's activity was how to make marshmallows!

It was SUCH a blast! We got to decorate the marshmallows and make a little bouquet out of them.  

When I first heard about the class I thought it would be silly to go through all the trouble to make something that only costs $1 per bag. Once you taste a homemade marshmallow, let me tell you, you will never go back! Yummm!


After the Marshmallow class my mom and I drove out to Mesa for the Scrappin' Sampler. We made these cute projects: 


After class my mom and I went to a store called Ruffler's Roost... OH MY! If you ever need ribbon of any kind for a project this is the place to go. It was overwhelming and amazing. We both just loved it! 

We ended the great day with a big family dinner at Rio Mirage. YUM

Sunday I tried out the marshmallow recipe:





They came out so good!
Kenny doesn't like marshmallows, but being the sweet guy he is he showed excitement for my project and suggested we made some rice krispy treats with them! They were excellent too! 
Oh and I made my flip flips with all the ribbon I bought at the Ruffler's Roost:

Sunday night Kenny and I Ding Dong Ditch the Taylors :) 


It was such a wonderful week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment