Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolutions

I love the New Year... I always want to make new resolutions and goals and start new projects. Its a new year with lots of possibilities, and its exciting to me. As I review the resolutions I made last year I realized that I didn't accomplish them and still want to... so here are my resolutions for this year- 

* Get healthy! I want to eat out less, exercise more and lose weight (about 25 lbs)

* SPEND less- I really don't have a plan for that... 


* Do less- Sounds weird right? If you read this blog at all you know, Kenny and I are busy... we have plans almost everyday. It is awesome, but exhausting.... The Bible says  “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:8-11 So I want to at least keep one day for us to rest, do house chores and just be at home. I know that is a far cry from keeping the Sabbath Holy, but you gotta start somewhere! 

* Live a more purpose driven life...  I read this article which was linked to a blog I follow. I am not Mormon anymore, but I do love a lot of the things they believe in and their general way of thinking. When I first read the article I was kind of mad, but it really spoke to me. I need to put more thought, prayer and 'soul searching' into this resolution to know where to go next, but its on the back burner. 

* Also, I resolve to observe birthdays! I have been so bad about sending cards this last year or two and I want to get better at that. My grandma is SO good at sending cards for birthdays, anniversaries etc and I love that. I think it is another time besides Christmas that you can let people know you are thinking of them and that they are important. We get so busy with life that the little things pass us by sometimes. 

My goals and Projects are: 
* finish my CPCU (only 1 class left!) 
* read the Bible cover to cover
* complete 50 scrapbook pages to finish some old books (I no longer scrapbook current years I just turn this blog into a printed book) 
* blog daily ( I changed my mind on this... I blog A LOT already and I think I cover lots of important things.... maybe I will do a more "daily life" type posts but I am not going to burden myself with having to blog everyday... I might start to hate it.) 

Okay I shared mine- what are yours??? 

PS Kenny didn't want to make any resolutions this year, but does want to lose weight and save money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment