Friday, October 7, 2011

Haunted House

Tonight was all about Halloween houses... well let me start at the beginning... We unexpectedly were let off work early (2PM) this afternoon to celebrate the Diamondbacks play off game! With the extra time I wanted to do something fun for the boys and a friend had mentioned that Target was selling pretty inexpensive Gingerbread Haunted House Kits! I picked one up for $9.99! 

After the Dbacks lost Kenny and I went to Applesbee's for some Bourbon Street Steaks! The waitress ended up bringing us Bourbon Street Chicken by mistake so we were at the restaurant much longer than expected.

Finally we got to my parents house and the boys were very excited to make their house.... Brian and I really tried to assemble the house properly, but it just wasn't happening. Little Brian was busily eating the black frosting (turning his month and teeth black) and Jacob was actually helping put the candies on the house ...well maybe we should call it a shack... Although, it didn't turn out very cute we had such a good time putting it together and laughed a lot. 

Little Brian 

Jacob


After the house was 'done' and it was time for the boys to go to sleep Brian and I wanted to go use our Living Social voucher for the haunted house in Surprise. I really don't know why I wanted to do it or why we bought the deal, because I was pretty scared to even go inside the house! We asked how long it would take us to get through the house and they said probably about 20-25 minutes.

I made my brother go first and hung onto his sleeve the entire time... People jumped out of every nook and cranny of that place and followed us saying things like, "Don't go that way" or "Oh your gonna die now" or just banged on the walls... I screamed and ran the entire time... Then there was my brother laughing and trying to stop for a closer look at the different displays! The only thing that seemed to scare him was the room with snakes... I think the worst room was the one decorated as a nursery with a little girl that said, "Do you want to play with me?" I quickly said, "Um no!" and hurried through the room which Brian also thought was funny. We finally get to the outside and I thought I was safe and the entire ordeal was over when a bunny covered in blood starts running after me with a chainsaw! My brother again just laughed and I went running, found myself in a dead-end and then had to run past the crazy bunny to get away. By the time we got to the front of the building my throat was soar from screaming, my chest was tight and my heart was pounding... Crazy that we PAID $12.50 for that!! It took us a whooping 10 minutes to get through the whole maze and Kenny was back just in time to pick us up after he filled up with gas! He didn't want to go in the haunted house because he doesn't like to be scared, smart man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment