Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 15- Home at Last!

Our last day! It is bitter sweat really… we  are a little sad to leave and see our trip come to an end… but on the other hand we are SO excited to get home to our own beds, our pups and some real food! Don’t get me wrong the food wasn’t bad,  it was just repetitive. The mood on the boat was a little somber… I think because everyone got their room tabs slipped under their doors last night. Lol . Ours was over $800… insane I know, but Princess Cruises charge you $10.50 per day per person in gratuity! It also includes all our alcoholic drinks, soda card, bottled water, classes, gift shop purchases, etc etc etc

Things we learned from this cruise-
  • We are glad we don’t have to depend on public transportation!
  • Bottled water is a valuable commodity! We spent $41.50 on bottled water in the past 2 weeks
  • 9 days at sea is 4 days too long
  • buffet food gets old after the 9th day (apparently Chipotle everyday is okay, buffet is not)
  • Attitude is everything so - just hang loose and just have fun, because stressing won’t make things go your way!
  • Nothing is FREE on a cruise ship!
Our dogs were insanly happy to see us and the house was in good shape thanks to our house sitters. It is good to be home and I cannot wait to catch up with everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I loved reading about all your adventures! I didn't want to make a bunch of individual comments, so they're all here:

    I'm glad you guys had so much fun on your cruise, but I can easily see how you can get sick of the buffet food. Dan was so sick of pineapple and coconut by the time we came back from Tahiti.

    It's really cool that you were able to do the parasailing and snorkeling and ziplining. I think I'd like to try the zipline.

    Bottled water is also crazy expensive in Tahiti and you HAVE to buy it since they don't serve tap water. At least you didn't have to deal with crazy exchange rates!

    Reading about your cruise has definitely made me want to go on one, but I think I'd make it a bit shorter so I don't get bored. :)

    Thanks for blogging and all the beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete