Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Hike


To be honest I was hoping the hike would be rained out because I was feeling lazy and still had lots to do before Christmas... but I didn't want to disappoint our friend Jereme so we went. Boy am I glad we did. We meant a really nice group of people and completed a tough hike. Camelback mountain is one of the toughest hikes in Phoenix and has been on my "I want to, but can't" list for sometime. Well we did it! We took plenty of breaks to enjoy the view (and catch our breath). 

My favorite was the last quarter mile of the "hike" which was all 'rock climbing'! 
It felt good to get to the top and I was super excited to see the decorated tree and Christmas tree!! 

Here is our entire group-
The total hike was about 3 hours with breaks and we went about 5 miles (including the hike to the car). Afterward we all met up at Oreganos for "linner". The food was good, but the company was even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment