Friday, October 15, 2010

A Light at the end of the tunnel

These last few weeks have been SO stressful for us, but we are finally seeing a light at the end of the of the tunnel! Hope was feeling much better (see photo exhibit below)-
Then on Monday Kenny had to take her back to the vet in the evening because she was crying.... they checked her out for free and said she was just fine. Kenny felt bad for over reacting, but I think you really can't tell and it is better to be safe than sorry!!

Wednesday was another bad day for Hope. She wouldn't eat and was very lethargic.... so Kenny took her back (I had an eye appointment). They backed off her antibiotics and gave her a shot of penicillin. I was a little frustrated they charged us $50 for the visit and shot, when they should have let us know when to back off the antibiotics, but she was SO much better by Thursday I don't even mind!  When I got home from work Thursday (Kenny was late because he had to make a trip to Yuma) she was super excited and running around. She looked for her toys which kind of made me sad, but I don't want to take any chances!

I think the tough part is behind us now. $2,050 and 5 trips to the vet later, we have our Hopie back. Several of our friends and co-workers have asked us why we just didn't put her down. For me that wasn't even an option. We would rather be out the money than out our beloved dog-hter Hope.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Hope is better. I'm like you, our dogs are like our children. I guess some people don't see animals that way.

    ReplyDelete