Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A quick visit

Tonight Michelle and Emma came by for a quick visit. The twins' therapists is moving away and Michelle wanted to make her a homemade thank you card with the twins picture in it... ummm that is right up my alley!! We whipped up this card-



We got to see Miss Emma's new sun glasses. Hopefully these will help protect her eyes when they are out in the sun. 



Sometimes it makes me sad when I think of all the time we missed out on since we have known each other for 10 years and pretty much just in the last year (since the twins were born) have started spending more time together ... but then again we were different people back then. Anyway, now we get along great and I love visiting with Michelle. She is always upbeat and has lots of things to talk about. I have always been envious of how the Buckleys got along. When we lived with Nannette for a few months while our house was being built I got a taste of their everyday life. Michelle, Trevor and Andy all lived with Nanette, but Kim would often come over and visit too. They would eat dinner together, watch shows (Amazing Race I think was one of them) and just hang out and talk. I always thought it would be fun to have family or friends around who would just come over (maybe even unannounced) to just hang out. My parents live down the street, but we rarely spend time with them. Now that my brother is living with us my mom comes by more often, but more just to say hi to the boys and go on home. My buddy, Blair, moved out to Surprise a couple years ago and we both thought NOW we will hang out more, but she is still a good 20 minutes away so we still hardly see each other unless it is a planned gathering. All that to say I loved that Michelle took the time to come visit tonight! She is working some crazy long hours so she doesn't have much down time and I am glad she chose to spend some of it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment