Monday, February 21, 2011

My happies

I saw this on a another blog a long time ago and wanted to make my own list of 'things that make me happy'. I started a few times and finally got it done : ) Here is my 101 (in no particular order).

* Hugs from Kenny. Not that I need to prove he is the best huger, but when my grandma first met                  Kenny she said, "Wow he is such a good hugger! If you decide you don't want him I will take            him!"
* being able to help someone
* the TV show How I Met Your Mother
* pedicures (also getting long fingernails!)
* I love how the boys scream "Aunt Amandas!!" when they see me : )
* sending packages to people just because
* cuddling with Toby
* yard sale shopping/ thrift stores/ freecycle etc- I love getting a deal!
* Fridays (after work)
* traveling and seeing new places
*  Dr. Pepper
* my new phone (I know its dumb but I love it!)
* reading blogs/ writing and sharing pictures on our blog
* Mexican food
* going to Scrapbooks Etc for class
* The semi-annual yard sale at Scrapbooks etc
* finishing a project
* butterfingers
* taking pictures
* getting mail (the good kind not junk or bills)
* staying in my PJs all day
* going out to lunch
* the fact that I haven't pumped gas in probably 3 years
* rain
* sharing Cold-stone ice cream with Kenny at the Suns games
* surprises
* how my clothes magically get washed and hung every week...
* our little red and white travel trailer and all the memories attached to it
* Kenny's perfect smile
* my coworkers (most of them!)
* That Shelby is Kenny's favorite and I am Toby's favorite
* That our dog, Hope, is still alive, healthy and active
* coming home to a clean house that smells good
* scented candles
* Kenny and I repeating the silly things the boys say
* driving the red truck
* hearing from old friends
* my LDS friends (sometimes I miss being LDS)
* camping
* new books
* making lists
* scrapbooking
* Jacob's giggles
* 3:30 PM
* how Kenny takes care of things for me (like errands, paying bills, etc etc)
* FB (although this does not always bring happiness...)
* seeing/doing things only a small percentage of people do (getting a BS degree, sky diving,                                          seeing the falls at Havasu)
* my garden in bloom
* playing cards with my family
* Kenny's spaghetti
* seeing a good movie and sharing a soda with my hubby
* riding the quads
* long talks with Blair
* Chipotle
* getting hand-me-downs (especially craft ones!)
* when the sermon seems to have been written just for me
* the Bible
* Jesus!
* getting sweet text message from Kenny
* the rare Sunday afternoon nap on the couch
* sleeping in
* receiving a compliment
* making someone's day
* giving the perfect gift
* checking the Groupon every morning
* doing a good job
* taking time off work to go do something fun
* our home (although I would like to pick it up and move it onto an acre.. or five)
* listening to music
* when things turn out better than expected
* the smell of fresh cut grass
* the Twilight books
* having a new purse
* having a Kohls 30% off and $10 off coupon at the same time
* I love how Kenny is on board to do almost anything (and if he doesn't want to do it himself he is                        supportive of me doing it)
* having a full house
* knowing someone cares about me
* 'bountiful baskets'
* playing a song on the piano
* when Kenny starts my truck on the cold mornings
* Carolina's tacos
* Bath and Body Works lotions
* remembering to use reusable bags
* coming home after a trip
* feeding the ducks at the park or deer, goats etc at the petting zoo
* Jamba Juice
* bonus checks
* knowing my family is safe
* shooting fruit (yes with guns)
* being season ticket holders
* new projects
* Brian's enchiladas
* getting off work early
* how excited my nephews get about the little things in life
* throwing a successful party/gathering
* visiting family (not necessarily family functions)
* my tattoo of stars on my foot
* being married
* getting flowers at work from Kenny
* having cash in my purse
* 3 day weekends

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. :) It's the little things that make us truly happy.

    ReplyDelete