Saturday, September 24, 2011

Melodi's Bridal Shower

Being a hostess can be super stressful, but when you host an event and are not the person in charge- double the stress! Michelle, Melodi's maid of honor and I had talked about a venue for the shower and I offered to have it at my  house, however she never confirmed so I wasn't sure. Then the invitations were sent out and I got word it would be at my house. It seemed like everything was up in the air - food, cake, games, prizes etc So I went to it and started making plans of my own. I made some decorations and favors and planned a good portion of the food.  My Bridal shower is one of my favorite memories. I got absolutely spoiled with gifts, advice and recipes. I remember thinking, "I can't believe this many people care that I am getting married" My parents living room was bursting at the seams... I just wanted a memory like that for Melodi too. 



The candy bar favors 
I made this ornament from this idea I saw on pinterest using their wedding invitation. 

These are the cupcakes Kenny made (so awesome having a former bakery manager in the house!) - they have crushed graham cracker to make the sand.

Melodi
In the end all of my worrying was unnecessary and Michelle did a beautiful job hosting the party. We did end up with 2 types of cupcakes, cheese cake and an actual sheet cake, but better to have too much than not enough! 
This was the first time I got to meet a lot of Melodi's church family and they were so amazing people- down to earth, sweet and fun. I think almost every person must have told me how beautiful our home was and thanked me for allowing the party to be held there. 

We played the TP bride game which is always fun-


Opened gifts- I was SO glad that I wasn't the only one who got lingerie for her! 


I think the party turned out really nice and I think she had a great time and so did I . 

No comments:

Post a Comment