Monday, September 12, 2011

Karate


When my mom and I went to the movies on Saturday night some people were handing out fliers in front of the theater for a place called Blended Arts Dojo in Youngetown. The flier boasted a special for $75 for 6 weeks, but even better than that they offer 1 week absolutely free to try it out. Can't beat free, so my mom decided to sign Little Brian and Jacob up!

Beyond what they have seen in Karate Kid, the boys had NO idea what to expect. Little Brian was afraid of getting hurt and Jacob was just along for the ride.

Once the boys saw the room they would be practicing, I thought Little Brian was in love... one entire wall was a mirror. The kid just loves to look at himself in the mirror!

The class was assembled and the students began with warming up with stretching and then jumping jacks... Its terrible, but the four of us (mom, Brian, Kenny and I) couldn't help from laughing. The boys were so cute, however Jacob looked like he might be having a seizure with the way he was jumping and laughing... oh my.

Next they proceeded into kicks, blocking etc. It was so cute to hear them yell with the others 'heeya!' and 'yes, sir!' Jacob always tries and doesn't quit, and this time Little Brian was really putting himself out there too! He tried so hard and really paid attention to what he was supposed to be doing.

I don't know if they will stick with Karate, but it was fun for them to give it a try. I know Brian wants to get them signed up for soccer so we are looking for opportunities to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment