Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Two Projects Completed!

This first project I can't take credit for finishing, but wanted to show it off. I made this table cloth a while ago and sent it to my friend Carol to be quilted. Well turns out she was stumped on how to quilt it so she sent it to our other quilter Sharon and asked her to do something with cupcakes.
Aren't these cupcakes awesome?! Each of the center Happy Birthday blocks have a cup cake (this is taken from the back so you can see it better)
Not only did she pay for the quilting as a surprise gift to me, but she also did the binding FOR me on her long Thanksgiving weekend!! Can you say spoiled?? Thanks Carol!!
Here is the project I finished... just 2 simple transformer pillow cases for my nephews. Total project time was just 35 mins! I went to Wal-mart last night to get pillows to go in the pillow cases and I noticed they had a whole section of Transformer bedding stuff now (they did not this summer when I bought that fabric!) and I could have bought 2 pillow cases and a twin sheet set for $19.50... I paid $10.5o for the fabric to make just the pillow cases... oh well these are special since Auntie Amanda made them for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment