Saturday, December 5, 2009

Craftin' Saturday

Today was sorta my last change to get my remaining 3 pages stamped off to finish up the album club for this year. So first thing when I woke up and I ran in the craft room to make this page . Number 50 for the year! This is little Brain when he was just a little guy (2005).
I can't believe I did 50 scrapbook pages this year! I know it may not sound like a lot, but I KNOW it is way more than I would have completed without the club. I was very motivated to get pages done for the 5 stamp days and any time I knew I was going to be out in Mesa I would do a page. Here is my completed list with all my stamps. Aww what an accomplishment! This Thursday night is the club party and I just cannot wait to claim my goodie bag!
That doesn't include the 3 digital pages I did from heritage makers. In fact I just got this one back this week - (the coloring looks kinda of sepia in the picture because I had to turn off the flash to get ride of the glare on the page)Anyway, I headed out to Mesa to get my last 3 stamps. It is about an hour drive and I had to be back by 11:30 for my Stampin Up Card class.... Luckily, DH drove me there and back . These are the goodies (sparkle brads, sparkle buttons and 3D stickers) I picked up-- I always love shopping there... the girls are SO nice and they know me.

Afterwards DH dropped me off at my class (2 streets from my house!) and I made these cards...
times 5!
It was a great day! And I got to spend afternoon with my friend Jackie and my mom- making cards. This Stampin Up stuff is new to me and I think I like it! We made all those cards for just $20 AND she served us soup, rolls, chips and dip along with cake! We didn't even have to bring adhesive !!

Stampin Up has more cutting, embossing and obviously stamping that we are used to, but the cards are still fun to make and cuuuuuuuuuute! I joined the club (of course) for next year, so I will be doing more stamping in 2010.

Hope you all had a productive Saturday too... ( I really should have been studying since my test is next Monday, but I had lots of fun!! )

2 comments:

  1. Your cards turned out so beautifully! I'm very impressed with what you made in your class. I love Stampin Up. I've been using their stamps for several years. Just have not had time to make my own cards lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with the cards! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete