Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Hunger Games

It bugs me to be out of the loop. It seems like I was reading a status update a few times a week that mentioned the Hunger Games... The books are about a post apocalyptic world in a country called Panem where the US used to be... Each year "The Capital" hosts a televised event (reality TV show??) where one boy and one girl ages 12-18 are chosen from each of the 12 remaining districts to participate in the HUNGER GAMES... which is essentially a fight to the death, with only one winner. 

The whole premise scares me and I was thinking I wouldn't like the books since it is not my normal read... but decided the masses of people can't be wrong... oh and they weren't! Once I started reading I didn't want to put the books down. 

I have to admit, although I really enjoyed reading the series and couldn't put them down until I found out what happened... (seriously I was reading them at the demo derby by the light of my brothers phone... addicted much?) they did actually give me nightmares! I don't think of things like war, famine and lack of freedom very often. Oh I am thankful for our soldiers and all the freedoms they protect, but I have never really slowed down to think about each one of those freedoms... wow. Anyway, great books- add to the craze; read them too ! 

PS. Apparently I love to read teen books... 

No comments:

Post a Comment