Monday, January 18, 2010

Good Times

Friday Kenny had to go to Yuma for some appointments and didn't make it back in time for our hike, but I still went with our friend Beverly. Afterwards we met up with the guys at Red Robin (yummm) for dinner and to make some plans for camping and day trips coming up. Later Kenny and I stopped by to see Michelle. Matt is home from the hospital and I swear looks even smaller at home than he did in the NICU! Apparently Zack is not to trilled about Matt being there-- wait until Emma comes home and he realizes there are 2 of them! Emma should be coming home shortly and Michelle explained that she can't come home yet, because she hasn't developed the the instinct to suck so they are still feeding her mostly by a tube. I guess babies don't develop that instinct until they are 36 weeks and since she is only about 35 1/2 weeks she just isn't there yet (Matt developed this early). It was so fun to visit with them and play with Zack. You just can't be around that kid and not smile!

Saturday I started the day by going to my $10 quilt meeting at 35th Ave Sew and Vac. When I got back we cleaned the house and that afternoon we had Steve and Barb over to watch the Cardinals. Steve brought some pictures of Matt and his family. We recently reconnected with Matt and learned that in 2009 he got married and had a baby! They are planning on moving back to Arizona (from SD), but don't have a time frame for that yet. Dylan (their baby) is just adorable! We had the new Pizza from dominoes. None of us were overly impressed with the changes they have made to their recipe, but it was still delicious even if it was an hour late! Unfortunately the Cardinals were losing so bad we just couldn't finish the game, so Kenny, Steven and I headed off to the Saturday night Fusion service at Church. The only difference I noticed was a lot more music, but we enjoyed it. After church we decided to go see Avatar in 3D! We have heard mixed reviews of the movie, but all 3 of us enjoyed it!

Sunday morning we went to church with Donna and my mom (yes we went to Church twice in 1 weekend!). Same sermon, but I still took a little something else out of it that I didn't hear the first time around. After church we had lunch at Chipotle and did a little shopping. Donna stayed awhile to play with the pups.
She just loves Toby, but brings them all goodies. Later in the afternoon we picked up my parents and went over to my grandparents house to celebrate my grandma's 75th b-day!
We had a lot of fun chatting and just hanging out.
For dinner my parents had us over for Chipotle style burritos- she had shredded carne asada, black beans, brown rice, lettuce, cheese, hot sauce etc and we built our own burritos. It was SO good! We ended the weekend with $2.99 blizzards from Dairy Queen (courtesy of my mom) and a serious game of guys vs. girls on wii bowling. The guys won...

Now it is time to head back to work for another week, but at least it is only a 4 day work week for us (we are taking Friday off).

No comments:

Post a Comment