Thursday, January 7, 2010

GET IT DONE SEWING RETREAT


This year is my year to get things done! The best way to do that is to MAKE the time to sew, sew, sew my little heart out. I have enlisted the help of my good friend Carol to help me put on a GET IT DONE SEWING RETREAT on Saturday, March 13,2010. Carol and I will be sewing all day with all of you out there who choose to join us! We are going to play fat quarter bingo, have "door prizes" and will give away prizes for completed projects. In addition to all that we are even offering "goody bags" to the first 10 people to sign up (5 here and 5 on Carol's blog) !!

To sign up, just advertise our event on your blog and leave a comment below (or on Carol's blog) that you will be "attending" and send a link to your blog post.

Don't delay - sign up today!

More information-
To play FQ Bingo you will simply choose 25 words off of our list (which will be available shortly) for your "card". E-mail your list to Carol and on the day of the event Carol will "call out" words (they will posted on her blog) each hour. The first person to get a black out (AKA all the words on your list have been called) will win the fat quarters. Carol and I will put 1 FQ in the pot for EACH participant!

The "door prizes" will be random. We will pull out names of the people who are participating and post a picture of the prize on our blogs throughout the day.

The completed projects prizes- Sunday we would like everyone who participated to post pictures of what they accomplished during the day Saturday. Each participant will receive one entry. We will pick winner (s) on Monday, March 15

18 comments:

  1. Oh, your virtual retreat is going to be fun. Are you & Carol going to sew together?

    Nancy E

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like fun. After the last BINGO game I decided I was the worst person at selecting words. Perhaps I have improved with practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to join in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds fun get me the details my calendar is marked...lol...a

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I forgot to say that I'm "attending"--and I've posted about it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick question are you playing twice once in Feb and once in March? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this would a great way to have fun, get a lot accomplish and make new friends at the same time. Count me in.
    Will there be a reminder so I don't forget the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in

    merrylittlequilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in!

    http://diaryofaquiltmaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!, I don't live in the US, I'd love to be entered,may I participate?

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm yeh count me in too, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just checking, is this still going on, as I have not seen anything else posted, thansk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this still on for tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete