Friday, June 24, 2011

Craft Party

Becky, Bev, Mom and Blair

Its really no secret I have some sort of hoarding problem when it comes to crafting supplies... Yes I do some craft projects but not near enough to justify the entire room I have stocked full of awesomeness... So I thought how can I share these things... I have purged A LOT of stuff and given it to friends and acquaintances, but I had an idea in the back of my mind to have a PARTY/CLASS! I am most productive when I have a specific time set aside to work on a specific project (ie classes at Scrapbooks etc to make cards or a mini album). I decided to model my party in the same fashion. I picked a bunch of simple projects and set up stations around the living room and kitchen. I ordered Pizzas and my mom brought a veggie tray, lemon bites and brownies...yummo! 


Amberle's added touch to the HB card 

The projects we worked on 

I invited crafters and non-crafters a like... I was nervous about having about 10 people to 'teach' the projects to, there being only one of me and all, but my mom helped out a lot and the girls started helping each other. It was awesome.

One of the highlights of the night is when Blair sewed for the very first time in her life with a big old smile on her face and let out a squeal!

My friends Janesse and Amberle came with their beautiful new babies and we all stayed up till 2 AM talking and crafting. It was amazing... I don't even know what all we talked about, I know we created some pretty fabulous coasters ha ha.  I felt bad because they still had to drive back to the other side of the earth to go home and I could just walk to the bedroom and crash.

Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves so I would say it was a success, however it didn't make much of a dent in my supplies... I will just have to have another party! I am thinking bi-annually?

1 comment:

  1. I loved the craft party, I'm sorry we were so late and kept you up so late... I had so much fun. :) The coasters were awesome and I use both of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete