Monday, May 9, 2011

Him's

Grandma had been craving egg drop soup so I googled Chinese food places near her house and up came Him's Restaurant. I can't believe it didn't occur to me to go there!  This restaurant goes WAAY back with my family and me! My Grandma and Grandpa (Max) used to go there all the time because they knew the prior owners. Grandma said when I was a baby the whole family went there for dinner one night and their friends (the owners) came over to see me and said, "OH she is SO cute, can we have her?" and my brother replied, "Sure, take her" He was always trying to get ride of me! 

We didn't eat out much when I was a kid, but I can remember a fair number of times going there and filling up the Styrofoam container to the brim with food and looking forward to eating the leftovers.   

This was also the first place I drove to... you know;  learners permit driving. I don't know how dad and I ever made the 3 mile drive alive! 

This was also the first place Kenny and I went out together (October 1999). It was a group date with Zach and April (possibly Tony and Janesse too, but I can't remember). We had a long time running joke from that night about the soup, I guess I said something like "This stinks, smell it" We laughed so much that night! We all went to Kenny's (moms) house afterward and played ping pong- Good memories. 

Anyway, we went there tonight and sadly the place is such a dive now... the food looked like it had been sitting there for a very long time and the only thing that was really good was the soup- which I am glad because Grandma just loved it. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Yup, we were there. That was good times :) Bummer that the place isn't good anymore.

    ReplyDelete