Saturday, August 21, 2010

Saturday

For weeks I have been wanted to try Bountiful Baskets that I have heard a bunch of people talking about. It is a co-op for produce... you pay $15 and get all this-
The problem is the pick up is only on Saturday mornings... and we are hardly ever home on the weekends! My goal is not letting anything go to waste! I gave the cucumbers to my mom since I am not a fan and I already juiced up the grapefruit to make some salty dog drinks. My family had a grapefruit tree growing up and my dad always made us virgin salty dogs and we thought we were super cool. They are delicious!

After my pick up I did a little yard "shopping" on the way home. I got a bag of clothes for our nephews for just $5! The lady I bought them said "You must have a boy just younger than my son" I had to reply, "No, my nephews- they are 3 and 5" Sometimes a situation like this would make me sad... another reminder that we don't have kids. Today was different I started thinking maybe it really isn't so bad, its like we just skipped to the grandparent stage. For now we are at peace with our decision to postpone adoption or IVF and I know God will press on our hearts when the timing is right and if we are meant to be parents. I still have hope we will get pregnant the old fashion way and am just leaving it in God's hands.

Later in the afternoon we went to visit the Ross family. I fed the twins... they were VERY dirty when I was done... sorry Michelle!

Love Matt's little smirk
Sweet Emma
The Ross family- Trevor, Matt and Emma (6 months), Michelle and Zack (2)

All the kids loved Trevor tossing them in the air! Their giggles and squeals were so cute!
Emma
Zack
Matt
Us with all the kiddos

I have a crush... on little Emma!

Kenny and Matt
Emma and Kenny
Giddy up Kenny!

In the evening we went to church with my mom. This week was there was a guest pastor and he was pretty good. His message was to refocus our priorities on God. He talked a lot about how we idolize or worship the all mighty dollar. I didn't really think of not paying tithing as worshiping something higher than God, but you are saying it is more important than obeying what God tells us we should do. It was interesting and really gave me something to think and pray about.

After Church Kenny helped my dad fix the irrigation problem they were having. We had a late dinner with Blair at the hip, happening Village Inn in Surprise. It really doesn't matter where we go or what we do it is always fun with Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment