Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Packages

I kinda love sending packages...
I know it is just stuff, but I feel like it make the recipient a little happier...

When I was a kid I had the coolest relatives that would randomly send me stuff. My Aunt Barbara sent me a package FULL of Lisa Frank stuff for no reason. It was fabulous.
Also, after my Grandma Taylor passed away I met my Uncle Neil for the first time (he lives out of state) and I just adored him! We pen palled with post cards for years after that.

Anyway, I love mail (packages, letters, cards- whatever), but I especially love sending it. I don't love paying the ridiculous postage prices, but the benefits definitely out weigh the cost. Kenny is kind of... well... lets call him frugal. So he didn't love that I was doing this all the time, because it can add up quickly. One day Kenny's Step-mom Susie (who lives out of state) mentioned to him how much her grandson , Jaydon loved getting packages from his Uncle Kenny from Arizona... now he supports me: ) lol

This post is just for me... to remember. I have gotten out of the habit of sending birthday cards, letters and random packages... and I want to make it part of my routine again. Its wonderfully fun!

2 comments:

  1. Packages are fun...especially to my boys- thanks again. That was so thoughtful & fun for them to open up their own mail. Plus they couldn't have been happier with what was inside. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOVVVVVED the package you sent. Thank you!!!! IT made me VERY happy indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete