Thursday, August 19, 2010

Last Book Club

Tonight was my last night book club . A lot of good has come of this summer "book club." I ended up inviting my co-worker Donna to join us and she has really been changed from going and studying the Bible each week. We talked about heavy things... loss, love, bitterness, forgiveness, hurt etc. We learned about ourselves and areas we may need to work on. We formed friendships and connections to other Christians. I gained a Piano teacher (I start lessons at the end of this month) and so much more.

Sometimes it felt like a pain to go... I had to work late (because it would be a waste to drive home and then just go back out again) and was gone the entire day 6:30 AM- 9:30 PM, but the blessings were worth the sacrifice. Her church is starting a new study in September and Donna and I will probably join in.

A little thing we did in tonight was replace the word LOVE in this verse with our names....

_______ is patient, _______ is kind. _______ does not envy, _______ does not boast, _______ is not proud. _______ is not rude, _______ is not self-seeking, _______ is not easily angered, _______ keeps no record of wrongs. _______does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. _______ always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Corinthians 13: 4- 7

How do you measure up? When I put my name in there... it is lies, all lies! When I put Kenny's name in there it is more true and when I put my grandma in there it is all true.

Each week we were given (or made) a flower and were supposed to record "A Funny" for the week. Here is my finished bouquet (1 missed a few weeks and one of my flowers got mushed on the car ride home).
I didn't do so well in keeping up my funny journal, but I think I am pretty good at finding humor everyday and laughing a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment