Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Retreat

Friday afternoon my mom, my buddy Jackie and I headed up to Prescott for a weekend Bible retreat. Jackie bought us dinner at Cracker barrel which was so fun and tasty. Then we went back to the cabins and got our bunks all set up and checked out camp.

The Friday night session was amazing and we learned about finding Refuge of Strength and read and studied through Psalm 18-

I love you, O Lord, my strength. Psalm 18:1

Friday night we stayed up late and talked and laughed like a bunch of teenage girls. I didn't take many pictures and I wish I did! It was just so beautiful up there and the weather was just great.

After the Saturday morning session I had this over whelming feeling I should check my phone before we went to lunch... that is when we found out my grandpa was in the hospital and had a stroke (which ended up being an aneurysm). So we packed up and headed straight to the hospital to be with my grandma.

Jackie was so supportive and sweet and I am thankful for the time we did get to spend up there and the new women we met. I will surely want to go again next year.

1 comment: