Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fun Friday!

Our office is in the process of remodeling so we have a rare opportunity to work four 10 hour work days and get Friday off for the next couple weeks. 3 day weekends baby!

For my first Friday I got to spend a nice day with the best Grandma in the world! We went to get her hair done first. She has been going to the same shop for just under 20 years and all the ladies know her and knew my grandpa. She was excited for them to meet me because she always talks about me : ) Sweet huh? After her hair was done we headed over to Kohls and got a brand new bed set that my grandma had been wanting. Afterwards we headed to lunch at Pete's. It is a local favorite, but neither of us had ever been there. We ordered the fish and chips... I thought it was the best breaded fish I had ever had and Grandma just thought it was good... then we did a few other errands and headed back to her place. We got the mattress turned and the new stuff put on the bed that afternoon. Pretty productive day and really A LOT for grandma. We always have a good time together :)

On my way home I picked up my nephews for another impromptu sleepover. Little Brian was so happy to see me he grabbed my leg and clung to me... he said I love this foot!

Since we didn't have any plans we just got a $5 pizza and went to the park. The park had ducks and the boys were determined they were going to catch a duck... so they spent a lot of time running around (whatever wears them out, right?) Little Brian was standing on a rock saying "come on ducks, you wan a piece a me?" and all of a sudden a white duck came charging out of the water at him... then he turned and ran screaming.... We all (including Jacob and Little Brian) laughed SO hard.

We have been having a hard time disciplining Little Brian lately... the boys are spending more and more weekends with us and he seems to be checking his boundaries... We have never had a problem before, but now he challenges everything we tell him OR he flat out ignores us. We are looking for that equilibrium between being the fun Aunt and Uncle and having some sanity and manners... any suggestions are welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment