Sunday, March 7, 2010

Grandpa

Last Saturday (02/27/10) my grandpa woke up with a severe headache. My grandma tried to help him by giving him some ice and headache medicine. She quickly realized something was terribly wrong and called Little Jake (my grandpa's son). They took him up to Baptist hospital. At this point we all thought he had suffered a stroke. Saturday afternoon he was transferred to Barrow's Neurological Institute at St Joseph's Hospital. It was there we learned my Grandpa had suffered an aneurysm. Sunday afternoon the entire family met with his doctors and the decision was made to take him off life support. The evening of Monday 03/01/10 my grandpa went home to be with the Lord.

Monday after work Kenny and I had come by the hospital for a quick visit. I held my grandpa's hand and tried to say my goodbyes. I tried to image what he might be thinking or what he would be seeing when he arrived in Heaven. A comforting thought that passed through my head was that there was probably such a line of people waiting to greet him when he got there Monday night! I bet people said things like "I am so happy you are finally here! I have a leaky faucet in my mansion... can you fix it? " My grandpa had SO many friends and family and was 1 of 11 children and I bet they were up all night talking and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment