Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grandpa's Service

Tuesday, March 9th was Grandpa's -( Gerald Richard Lang ) service.
It was a nice service and I had my little nephews on my lap and by my side to get me though it. I was fine until they played taps... Little Brian was very concerned that I and his dad were crying, but knew he needed to be quiet. There were many references to "Jake" during the service and little Brian whispered and pointed to his brother, Jacob... and asked if they were talking about Jake. I said no Grandpa's name was Jake too. He looked down the isle at my dad (his grandpa) and pointed at him and said - Grandpa Jake? It was kinda cute and funny about all the Brians, Jakes and Kennys we have in our family...come to think of it dad (Doug) is a Jr. too!

I was kinda surprised that so many of Kenny's family and a few of our friends showed up. It was nice to feel their support and know they care. There were a number of people there and even an old co-worker of my grandpa's that I knew from childhood.

We sure are gonna miss you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment