Sunday, July 29, 2012

Zack turns 4


Zack's 4th birthday is coming up this next Tuesday so Michelle and Trevor hosted a party at Piter Piper Pizza today. Michelle told me Zack really rockets and currently wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. I saw this cool idea online for a rocket pack and thought it would be awesome for him. We don't drink 2liter bottles of soda so I just bought them and brought it to work for everyone to drink. I used some left over canvas for the straps and sewed them onto a piece of cardboard to make a base for the 'rockets'. I then used a hot glue gun to glue the 'flames' cut from felt into the opening of the silver spray painted 2liters. I am a little worried about the quality of construction and am curious if it holds up to 4 year old, Zack's, highly active and rough life style! I used Little Brian as my model and he was more than accommodating (might have to make them some jet packs too!). We also got him a Rocket Car project (its ages 8+ so mom and dad will have to help him) and a Spiderman Shirt. Once the boys heard it was going to be Zack's birthday it was all they could talk about. He is going to be 4? They would ask me. It was pretty cute. 


Birthday boy, Zack, on the Carousel

Emma

Matt

Little Brian enjoyed the carousel too 
Brittany

Zack was actually really good at the basketball game!! Do I see a future athlete in this picture?? 

Zack playing basketball

The twins just loved riding this little dragon! Matt just giggled and smiled! It was really adorable !

Matt 

Emma and Matt 

Jacob 
Emma on the slide 

Matt
Emma with her face pressed against the window lol 

Zack 

Zack opening presents 
I swear I have never met a kid who likes clothes more than Zack! He just LOVES them! He would say tah-dah after he opened each present! 


Zack with his jet/rocket pack on


His FAVORITE toy of the day!! A guitar from his mom and dad! After he opened it he just wanted to play with it. He opened another present and said, "OH its my favorite game! Now can I play with the guitar?" LOL

Zack is SO good about saying thank you and giving out hugs : )
Brittany and Chris 

Joanna and Andy (A rare sighting! lol) 

Zack asked if it was time for cake when he was done opening presents. So cute.

Blowing out the candles!

 Cutting the cake:

Emma and Mia

Nanette and Emma (Emma was telling her grandma all about her day) 

Everyone! 
Emma being silly (and ADORABLE) 
This was after 'someone' not mentioning any names here... fed Emma and Matt ALL the extra frosting... poor Michelle and Trevor!
Joanna, Emma and Andy 

It was a really fun time and nice to visit with everyone! On the way home we saw the haboob headed to Surprise!


No comments:

Post a Comment