Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Easy Friends

There are so many types of friendships... fast friends, long time friends, new friends etc. Some are easier than others and my favorite are EASY Friends. Blair, Beverly and Janesse are my favorite easy friends. It doesn't matter how much time has passed, if we miss each others birthdays or can't make it to a special event - we are still friends. We can hang out ever 6 months or every 6 years and it is easy, low stress and fun. 

I have been wanting to catch up with Janesse and her family for a while and finally the planets aligned and we found a date on both our calendars that worked! It happened to be Lana (5) and Amberle's (26) b-day celebration at her grandma's house. Kenny and I felt like part of the family (although I was demoted from sister to cousin per Lana). This was the first time Kenny met Lana and he really enjoyed her and Wesley. (Don't tell anyone, but he said Lana and Wes are his favorite little kids ever). 

Kenny and Lana chattin' it up before cake time. 
I love how excited Lana was about her surprise cake! (It was pretty awesome!) 
Lana, Janesse's grandma, Dan and Amberle
Wes was pretty excited to see it too! 



Amberle and her cake. 
Janesse reading her card to Lana while Wes is fake (I think) crying into the pillow behind her, because it is "no fair"
Our card reading went something like this-
Janesse reading- Happy Birthday to the sweetest Princess in all the Land
Lana- I am a princess?
Tony (from the kitchen)- oh no.
Thanks for a great night! 

1 comment:

  1. I have just a couple friends like that. The rest are HMFs (High Maintence Friends) and I sincerely wish I could sever those relationships. I love the LMFs!!! And I wonder if I can have that nice of a cake if Grandma throws me a party...?

    ReplyDelete