Friday, November 26, 2010

DAY 3- At Sea - Snails and Frog Legs

Last night went MUCH better! The ship is not rocking near as much (plus I am staying on top of my medicine). We all went to breakfast together so we could examine the itinerary for the day and figure out our excursions for the upcoming Hawaii days. Sarah and Barb surprised us buy telling us they would pay for one of our excursions as our Christmas gift! We were super duper thrilled! After lots of figuring and discussion we finally decided on our excursions for the trip. Kenny and I have Kayaking, Zip-lining and snorkeling planned and we hope to get in para-sailing as well. Barb and Sarah are going to see the Fern Grotto and Botanical Gardens.

Then we had to decide what to do with the day. We started with some Ukulele lessons. 



Everyone tried, but I think I am the only one who really loved it. It provided some laughs and a good hour of entertainment either way.

Next we split up and Kenny went to work out in the gym and us girls went to support Barb at Karaoke. She did such a great job and really had everyone going with Jose Cuervo. Later in the day people kept stopping her and tell her what a great job she did.

We did some exploring of the ship. This is the 7th floor... my favorite- Here is Barb and Sarah hanging out-


That night we went to the formal dining room and boy oh boy that was an experience! 

We ate something like 6 courses, but somehow I wasn’t stuffed at the end… you will see why. We started with Escargot—that’s right snails…



They actually tasted pretty good, but the texture was disgusting and slimy. I guess you can put anything in butter and garlic and I would eat it… 


We also got some traditional food like fettuccini Alfred which was to die for, some salad, but then came the main course… FROG legs! They had a really fancy name for them which I wish I would have written down, but didn’t. I don’t know what I was expecting, but when it came to the table and looked like this-


 It made me a little sad. I tried it anyway, but hardly ate any of it. I thought it tasted like chicken… although others at the table disagreed with that comparison. 
I am loving the food on this ship and don’t even care about the weight I am probably gaining! I am here and am NOT going to have any regrets!


We had a SUPER full night tonight with entertainment! We saw a variety show/comedian, Dan Bennett, who was pretty funny. Not great, but okay. Then we ran to the other side of the ship to see “Stardust” which was a musical type show with music of years past. Although, I am not a fan of musicals I still really enjoyed this one and liked looking at the costumes and watching the dancing.

Lastly we saw Don Ware again (same comedian as last night, but different jokes) who was SO dang funny he had Barb rolling with tears coming down her face!

Today’s Forecast: Mostly Cloudy High 64 Low 58

No comments:

Post a Comment