Monday, February 13, 2012

Candy Bar CRAZE

When I first signed my brother, Kenny and I up for Tour de Cure I was extremely overwhelmed with the task of raising $450 for the 3 of us in an 8 week time frame... So I do, what I do and brainstormed ideas. Among my ideas was making cute little candy bars to sell some dressed up candy bars... I had NO IDEA they would take off they way they did! We started with a case (36) and I was nervous we would get stuck with a lot of leftovers... it sold out in 15 mins! 

I took orders and ended up making a second batch of 44 with my brother (Kenny was out of town) that night. Brian was hilarious and we had a lot of fun making the candy bars... he could understand why the strips had to go a certain way on the hearts and why we needed 4 hearts for each candy bar etc... I guess you had to be there, but it was funny.
I ended up getting EVEN MORE orders to finish over the weekend. Kenny helped me with the last order of 22. Kenny and I kicked ours out in an hour and half! We raised a total of over $200 and I spent over 12 hours making them! Craziness!! I am glad we raised so much, but I am SO done making them! 

1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome way to raise money. I'll have to keep that in mind. I like that it is something you can give away as a gift. Although I could definitely see how exhausted you would be with making them. If you have another project like this, maybe I can come hang out and help you. Not that I'm the best at crafting, but it'd be fun to hang out. :)

    ReplyDelete