Thursday, March 3, 2011

For you, or for me?

This week I have been extremely self centered... I got in a huge fight with my mom on Monday, fell down some stairs on Tuesday, had a terrible day at work on Wednesday and so by Thursday lets just say I wasn't thinking about anyone else but myself. When it was time for our Bible study at work I didn't even want to do it... The lesson was on how we need to reflect God's love to others (Philippians 1:27-2:4) ... darn and I was having so much fun with the pity party! I tried to think of something to do for someone and although the person I was fighting with at work or my mom probably would have been a better choice, I choose the Ross family. Trevor had surgery on Monday and at this point I hadn't even called to see how he was!! (She did keep us up to date with text messages). I asked my brother if he would mind making an extra batch of his enchiladas that night and he said no problem.  On a related side note:  My brother has also agreed to help Trevor out during the day while Michelle is working since Trevor can't lift more than 10 lbs for the next 3 weeks (try taking care of 3 kids under 2 and not lift anything!). I am so proud of him for agreeing to do that : ) 

So back to Thursday night-  Kenny, the boys and I went to visit and bring dinner to the Ross family. Its funny how you do something (which I didn't even cook the food) to help someone else and it benefits you more (I think that is the point)?? I had fun talking with the Michelle and Trevor and seriously, how can you stay sad when you encounter their 3 beautiful, happy kids... 
Matt
Emma
So Michelle was eating her enchiladas while we were talking and Matt climbed up next to her and let out this adorable scream. It wasn't high pitched or annoying, it was just cute... he wanted her to share her food! Um cute!! He liked Brian's enchiladas too! 



When we left Zack cried... Apparently it took them about 20 mins to get him calmed down after Candy/nanda (thats us) left! I am not saying I like the fact that he cried, but it sure is a self esteem booster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment