Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A pint size donation

Today we went here- United Blood Services
to donate blood!

A few months ago my grandma received a blood transfusion that saved her life. At that time I started thinking about donating blood. However I have a huge problem with needles and every time I have blood drawn for tests, I pass out. SO I put it on the back burner. When I was making my bucket list last month I decided to add it.

I might have a weird sense of humor but I thought a perfect finale to reading the Twilight vampire books would be to donate some BLOOD!

So before I lost my nerve I scheduled our appointments. I have the most wonderful husband for doing all these things on my "list" with me even when sometimes he doesn't really want to do them...
I am proud to report that I did NOT pass out... although I had 2 close calls... Once while I was actually donating and the 2nd was when I was already done. The second was the worst and was triggered by my reading a box labeled "HUMAN BLOOD."

I was too busy not passing out to get any pictures of Kenny donating... but here is a picture of our war wounds:)

No comments:

Post a Comment