Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Camping we will go ...

Friday after work we loaded up and headed up North for some cooler weather and BOY did we get what we wished for! The drive up was just gorgeous !

We camped off road 237 about 5 miles in (on a dirt road that seems WAY further)

There was a little fog on the road...
and hail on the ground!
We met up with Jereme and his fiancé, Melodi. Friday night was their turn to cook dinner and Jereme decided to deep fry... everything. It WAS so much fun and tasty! He made fried zucchini, onion rings, chicken, Twinkies, candy bars, oreos and even fried ice cream! Poor Jereme was cooking for about 4 hours and we were up well past midnight eating. I think Friday was my very favorite part of the trip- it was cool out, we were eating and having a good time.
We camped right next to a lookout spot and this is the view of the valley below.
Toby trying to get to me on the ledge...
I love this picture of Hope standing on the ledge
Saturday morning we slept in and Jereme cooked us breakfast. When I put my contacts in that morning one of them ripped. In my late night, rushed, packing on Thursday I neglected to pack extra contacts OR my glasses... If you don't know I am practically blind without my contacts and it is extremely uncomfortable to be missing one... Kenny offered to drive home and get them for me. I knew he would have, but I didn't want him to waste 6 hours of driving and a tank of gas just for a contact. I tried not to let it bother me, but it really did put a damper on the rest of the weekend for me. It was disorienting and somehow I couldn't hear as good either... yuck.

Anyway, we kidnapped Kenny's Nana and the 5 of us (and Shelby) went to Willow Springs Lake. All the years I have been coming with Kenny to Forest Lakes he has never taken me to one of the lakes. I was super impressed! It was so beautiful and clear (not smelly and dirty like Pleasant). We took pictures, splashed around and played with Shelby.
Sarah, Kenny and Shelby
Me, Kenny, Shelby and Sarah
Shelby will fetch practically anything. Kenny made me laugh when he made her fetch this giant stick.
A crawdad
Shelby
and more Shelby
Handsome Kenny!
A dusk view from our camp site
Our camper from the lookout spot
Our beautiful sunset
The campsite at dusk

Saturday night we made beef stew in the dutch oven and Kenny made pancakes for breakfast.

Sunday morning was HOT! Okay so it was only about 85,but it felt hot so we packed up and headed home...

Of course THEN the rain came.

No comments:

Post a Comment