Wednesday, July 14, 2010

#118 read 100 books on the New York Times best seller list

Taking Advanced English throughout high school ruined me on pleasure reading. We always had summer reading homework... really I lost all the joy in readying and it became just homework. A few years ago I got into a fun, light murder mystery series by Earlene Fowler (the Benni Harber books) and that rejuvenated my thirst for reading. Things got busy and I put the books down. Anyway, as I was creating my bucket list and searching the internet for inspiration I came across an item about reading 10 New York Times Best Selling Books. I thought what I great idea... but I thought... lets make it 100 books!! This month when the 3rd movie in the Twilight Saga came out and a bunch of my friends were going crazy over it, and going to the midnight showing, I thought- its time to check out these books! All 4 books -Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn are all New York Times Best Seller.. PLUS I could read the book before watching the movies (# 121 on my list). Twilight was the BEST book I have ever read... I seriously couldn't put the book down. I stayed up till 2AM (very much NOT like me) reading and finished the book in just 4 days. When I wasn't reading the book I was thinking about it or talking about it to anyone who would listen. It was fascinating and I felt like I was using my imagination more than I had in years. I was lost in the Saga! We were on our way home from a camping trip when I finished the first book and I asked my husband to stop at Wal-Mart on the way home to pick up the second installment- New Moon! I read that one in just 3 days. That one was not as much a favorite for me... still a real page turner, thrilling and interesting, but full of pain. The days when I read it I was physically in pain with Bella as she missed Edward and longed for his return. I stayed up till 1:30 to read to the part where Edward and Bella were reunited... it was safe to go to sleep then- everything was okay. CRAZY I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment