Tuesday, July 27, 2010

#71 Donate Blood

A few months ago my grandma received a blood transfusion that saved her life. At that time I started thinking about donating blood. However I have a huge problem with needles and every time I have blood drawn for tests, I pass out. SO I put it on the back burner. When I was making my bucket list last month I decided to add it.

I might have a weird sense of humor but I thought a perfect finale to reading the Twilight vampire books would be to donate some BLOOD!

So before I lost my nerve I scheduled an appointment.

Today, July 27 at 3:45 my hubby and I went to United Blood Services to donate a pint of blood each.

I didn't pass out, BUT I had 2 really close calls...

I didn't get any pictures of Kenny donating because I was too busy not passing out as he quickly filled his bag in about 7 mins! (Mine took 12 mins)

These are our "war wounds"!

1 comment:

  1. This is such an inspirational story! I have always wanted to add donating blood to my bucket list too, but have been afraid. Seeing that you had the same fear and actually did it gives me strength. Thank You & Good Luck with the rest of your adventures!!
    {http://mslistologist.com/}

    ReplyDelete