Friday, July 31, 2009

Boys at the Mall...

Kenny and I have been trying to do a family night once a week with my brother and his boys. It is a lot of fun, but was getting kind of expensive just doing spur of the moment things. I looked online for cheap or inexpensive things to do with kids and came across the mall play area. Perfect! Its indoors, there are other kids for them to play with and its free! I thought it would be nice for my brother to get a break from the boys for a little while so I suggested they go to a movie. Although my brother was hesitant that I could keep the boys entertained for 2 hours they went ahead and went to the movie (Hang Over).

The play ground was a lot of fun. Little Brian made a girlfriend and she chased him around the whole time. Jake played by himself,

but seemed to have a lot of fun. Soon little Brian had to use
the restroom so we put shoes on, gathered our things and headed out into the mall in search of a bathroom. We went into Dicks
sporting goods to use the restroom and ended up played in the sinks for about 20 mins.
I didn't care because it was entertaining them and I love when they laugh. Then we checked out all the
tents that were set up and Little Brian asked if we could go campin' again soon (cute!).

We decided to go back down stairs to the play area and headed to the escalator... Little B
rian wasn't sure about the whole thing and I tried to show him... well he stepped on and tripped and tumbled a little down the stairs (there was an audible uuuhhhh! from bystanders and I am sure they thought I was horrible). At this point Jake was at the top of the escalator wide eyed so I ran up the down escalator and grabbed him and then caught up to Little Brian who was screaming at this point. We got to the bottom and he was thrilled to get off. His knee did bleed pretty good, but he got over it in no time- poor guy.

Next the boys wanted to play on the elevator so we rode that up and down about a dozen times.
Later the boys were playing on the carousal outside of the play area a
nd a mean little boy shoved Jake off and he fell on his face! Horrible! So now he has a good size welt on his forehead to distract from the bald spot my brother gave him when cutting his hair that morning!!

After the mall we went to good old McDonald's for dinner and to let the boys play. There was a 3 year old little boy that was just fascinated with us... he was running around like a maniac and came squealing up to my brother and jumped in his lap and hugged him. All the adults were laughing hysterically at this boy, but Little Brian saw that hug and got really mad - that was his daddy! He stomped off and sulked for a little while which made us laugh even more.

Anyway, even with the injuries the boys had lots of fun and Little Brian begged me the whole way home to come to my house or "you's house" in his words.

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! :) It so hard when its a 2:1 ratio (or worse). I've had some crazy, frustrating and embarrassing experiences when I am alone with my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete