Sunday, July 19, 2009

Genna

Genna is my brother's oldest daughter, my parents first grandchild and our only niece. She was a huge part of our lives when she was younger, but as things got harder between my brother and Nikki the times we got to spend with Genna grew far and few between.

The last time Kenny and I saw Genna was 2 years ago on Halloween. To be honest it was really hard. She didn't remember us.

My brother recently went back to court and is now allowed to visit with Genna every other weekend.

This weekend was the first visit and we were lucky enough to be asked to come along. We went to West Gate at the splash pad so the kids could play.

Genna warmed right up to us. My brother brought her Christmas presents so she literally had Christmas in July. She calls him Brian not Daddy which is kind of heartbreaking, but at least he is seeing her. She is 6 now and hasn't seen him regularly for about 3 years. She thinks he is pretty cool and wanted to play with him. I really hope they can rebuild the connection they once had. She always adored her daddy and I remember how happy she always was with him... so this is kinda hard that she doesn't remember that.

When it was time to leave my mom told her we would see her in a couple weeks and she wanted to make sure when and where- it was cute.

Here are some pictures- the ones of Genna I took and the ones of all of us Genna took: )



No comments:

Post a Comment