Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yummy Recipe

So I got a bunch of Zucchini from my MIL and haven't really cooked with them before. So I went online and found this recipe-- it came out really good! I would recommend using only 1/2 a small onion though. Anyway, my parents and I enjoyed it ! (right you thought Kenny would try this-no way there are veggies in there)


Corn and Zucchini Melody

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Ready In: 30 Minutes
Servings: 5

"Zucchini, corn, and onions combined with chopped bacon and cheese. A quick and easy way to use some fresh veggies from your garden!"

Ingredients:
4 slices bacon
2 cups chopped zucchini
1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
1 small onion, chopped
1 pinch pepper
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Drain bacon, chop, and set aside.

2.Heat the bacon drippings in the skillet over medium heat. Saute the zucchini, corn, and onion until tender but still crisp, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper. Spoon vegetables into a bowl, and sprinkle with chopped bacon and shredded cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Kenny on this one. Vegetables are gross! Especially fried one's. :)

    It's nice to find new recipe's though.

    ReplyDelete