Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

My Valentine's started Friday morning at work when I received these beautiful roses!! There is something about being one of the few women in a large office to get flowers... really makes you feel special. For Kenny Valentines started on Feb 1st. Since we were dating I have done a little something each day from the 1st-14th for him. Just little things... a note and candy, some muffins etc. Our Valentines was really nice we just stayed home. Kenny's mom came over to visit and took us out for lunch. She also brought Kenny and I some Valentines- I got a yummy candle and Kenny got the cure dog that sings. I took a picture of all of our wonderful Valentines-

Tonight for dinner we decided the resturants would be super busy so we ate in...I made this yummy from cooks.com. I am not much of a cook so when something comes out this good I do have to toot my own horn... although Kenny said it was really good too! After dinner we watch a movie called FireProof- it was really good.

CORNISH GAME HENS WITH CHEESY RICE STUFFING
Printed from COOKS.COM
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) butter
1/3 c. regular rice
2 tbsp. diced celery
2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
1 c. chicken broth
1 (2 oz.) can mushrooms, drained & chopped (opt.)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 (1 lb.) Cornish game hens
Salt & pepper
Melted butter
In a saucepan melt butter; add rice, celery and onion. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil. Cover and simmer on low heat about 20 minutes or liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy. Stir in mushrooms; cool. Toss cheese lightly with cooled mixture. Season birds inside with salt and pepper. Stuff birds with rice mixture.
Place on rack, breast side up in shallow baking pan. Baste with butter. Loosely cover with foil. Roast in preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue roasting for 45 minutes until done. Baste with butter occasionally during last 45 minutes. Additional stuffing may be placed in small baking dish, covered and baked during last 45 minutes of roasting. Then cover removed last 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful roses! And what a great Valentine's Day you had perfect in every way. Your cornish hens sound really yummy and I'll have to rent that movie. Your Valentine table runner looks great on the table with all the Valentine cards and such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous flowers! And the chicken rice stuffing recipe looks delish; I will be adding that to my 'to try' menu for next week. Yum!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete