Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate Affaire

Every year down town Glendale has an event in February called the Chocolate Affaire. There are lots of vendors, romance novel authors and everything Chocolate you can imagine from Chocolate potato chips to chocolate covered strawberries. My brother called us up yesterday afternoon and asked it we wanted to go with him, his friend Heather and the boys- of course we did and we had an absolute blast!

They had a kid zone with tons of those inflatable jumpers and slides... I think Brian and Kenny had as much fun if not more that than the boys did! Each guy took one of the boys and Heather and I took pictures... didn't get many good ones because we were laughing so much. I finally had to join them. Some of the "rides" were just slides, but most of them were kind of obstacle courses... They would climb up and slide down and wiggle through-- you get the idea. I was super impressed with the both the boys... they may be part monkey. I think the highlight was this cars slide... although you had to climb the stairs under the car and that scared the boys, but once they did it they were ready to go again. Bunkie just loves trains so of course we had to take a ride on that. After the adults were all tuckered out we headed over to Mama Mia for dinner. There was live entertainment - a man singing with a guitar and the boys just loved him! They would clap and clap. Jake danced a little too- too cute! Also, I tried a chocolate martini in honor of the event!


Later we walked through the park where all the vendors were. I got some yummy homemade potpourri and Kenny bought a nice metal art piece. Bunkie and I made a chocolate Pizza to end the night. It was such a good time. My bro and Kenny are such a riot together you cannot help but have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment