Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mooooooooooooooooooooo

I think I might just have a problem with coveting... I talk to friends at work about their weekend, read facebook status updates or skim through people's blogs and then I want to do all the neat things they are doing (because I want to do everything!) ...  Recently, my friend's sister-in-law got a milk cow. Um,  cool!! If you follow my bucket list blog you know that milking a cow is on my list (I don't know about daily, but at least once! LOL). Well, we live in track homes with no immediate plans of moving; so a cow is just out of the question. No fresh milk, butter or cheese for me... unless... ah yes, I have found a way to get these little items from a local dairy farm! The 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month you can pick up this great bunch of items; 1 gallon of milk, 1/2 lb of cheese, 1/2 lb. of butter, 1 quart of yogurt and 1 pint of ice cream. for the whopping price of $32 ! Pretty expensive and I don't get the experience of  milking the cow (although I think I might be able to work that out with the farm!) or making the items, but at least we get to consume fresh fresh dairy products with no poo to pick up! The items are made fresh on Wednesday and distributed on Thursday evening - can't get much fresher!! 

Speaking of cheese, our friend Jereme just got back from a trip to Wisconsin and brought me cheese curds and sharp 5 year old sharp cheddar cheese! This is the first time I have ever tried curds and I thought they were pretty good, sorta like just taking a bite of string cheese. The cheese is amazing too. 

1 comment:

  1. We call this squecky cheese- I like it but to my suprise my kids don't.

    ReplyDelete