Monday, September 21, 2009

A Turkey and a Birdie

We had a very full weekend starting at 4:20 AM Saturday morning! My dad and Kenny had a 6 AM tee time and I tagged along just for fun. It was SO SO SO much fun.

So for those of you who golfing novices like me par is when you get the ball in the hole in as many stokes as posted. Birdie is one less stroke than par and Eagle is 2 less stokes than par.

On the second hole my dad teed off and hit a nice ball into the air... and hit a bird mid flight!! We were all pretty shocked and amazed! So we just say he got a birdie-- ha ha

Kenny did SO well and got Par on hole 13 !! His first Par ever.

We enjoyed the cool weather (until about 8 AM), all the wildlife (rabbits, quail, lizards, hawks, squirrels, ducks etc), hunting for golf balls, driving the golf carts and laughing together.

After golf we grabbed some lunch at Red Robin with my parents and went home to take naps! Later we went to the Saturday night church service which was SO good by the way.

Sunday we had my parents , Kenny's mom and Nana over for a turkey dinner. We made a limited amount of the traditional fixins just mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls and some of our Taylor sweet corn. We deep fried the turkey! I borrowed a fryer from my friend at work and thought it would be fun to try out.
I had no idea how expensive the oil would be! We spent more money (over $40 ) on the oil than we did all the food! It was pretty nerve racking frying the turkey, but as usual Kenny did a wonderful job and it came out really tasty!








1 comment:

  1. I love this. I think Thanksgiving should be every month. :)

    Congrats to Kenny for getting a par and your dad for getting a birdie. That's funny.

    Also, I think it's awesome that you fried the turkey. You hear all of these horror stories about that. I'm glad that Kenny was able to master it and that it turned out so tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete