Thursday, September 17, 2009

Corn Bread

I thought about sharing the recipes, but that probably isn't a great idea since these are all from a book and it has a copy write... you know? BUT I will tell you, you need to soak the cornmeal in buttermilk over night! and... there is Bacon on it.

I chose to start with cornbread, because it looks like the easiest recipe in the whole book.

It came out wonderfully- but not perfect and doesn't look like the picture at all!! My bacon kinda sunk into the batter and I didn't have as much to sprinkle on top because I didn't use the fatty part of the bacon... I am not sure if it was the soaking of the cornmeal or that I got to use some of my (freshly) frozen Taylor corn, but this cornbread has SO much flavor!

Note to self- leave just a little longer in the oven to brown...

3 comments:

  1. You did AWESOME! It has a really good flavor (I just couldn't wait to try lol)..almost like smoked...which makes it AMAZING! Thanks so much for sharing :-)

    Amanda G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cornbread is amazing. What a difference fresh ingredients make. I think it is the best cornbread I have ever had. Great job girly :-)

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'K. I gotta try the soaking the cornmeal thing. That sounds AWESOME. Mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete