Thursday, August 13, 2009

Paper or Plastic???

In a normal week Kenny and I could debit from 20-30 times... that is a lot to keep up with and reconcile each month. It is also easy to spend more than you should...

We have decided to live on a budget and pay cash! This is out 3rd week and it is working really well. We are spending less and kinda having fun with the whole system. I am the spender so I always run out of money before the next payday and I end up eating Taco Bell and bringing water to drink for lunch. (Ruff I know... I could actually bring my lunch.... )

The funny thing for me is how hard it is for cashiers to count change (you really have to pay attention to that!) I guess we are all so used to the computers just adding up our products, applying taxes etc and giving us a total. If the total sounds about right we then swipe our card and the machine prints a receipt... not much thinking. I remember that Visa commercial where everything is running smoothly while people buy their lunches and swipe their cards and one person stops to pay cash and holds up the entire process. That's us! We are choosing cold hard cash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment