Sunday, August 23, 2009

Crazy weekend of cooking!

This weekend I was crazy busy cooking, canning and baking!!

Thursday I took a canning class with a girl at work and learned the ins and out of water bath/steam and pressure canning. I was excited to find out I didn't need to buy a pressure canerand could use my pressure cooker I already have ! So I thought I mind as well try something out this weekend. The beans were the easiest so I made Smoked Mesquite Baked Beans....

Plus as requested by Kenny I made more flour tortillas. I think I have it down now and they came out pretty well.

When we were at the 99 cent store I discovered they had delicious raspberries!
So I bought a bunch to try out making and canning Jam. I made a miscalculation and ended up with way too many raspberries and not enough jars... It didn't come out thick enough like jam really should be, but it tastes SO good! It spelled delicious when it was cooking too. My mom suggested that it would be really good on ice
cream or maybe pancakes... so we will try that!

Lastly I made my 21 hour bread... I actually messed up that recipe too so I just converted it to a double batch... It came out pretty good.







1 comment:

  1. Where did you get that cool tortilla maker/cooker?
    What is the recipe for your canned beans, raspberry jam & bread- if you don't mind?
    We just canned apple pie filling & applesauce but I have not posted it yet. Then I saw your blog & it makes me want to can more stuff.

    ReplyDelete