Sunday, March 29, 2009

Going Green

This is a little embarrassing to share, but I will anyway. Every time we come home from the store we unpack our groceries (or whatever it is we bought) and shove the plastic bags on the side of the fridge.... well after about a year the entire side of the fridge was jam packed with plastic, paper and fabric bags! Here is a picture of the mess I pulled out today! SO here is my challenge to myself and all of you! Lets reduce and reuse!! I am putting fabric bags in my car so I can try to avoid getting anymore of these plastic bags and now I need to figure out what to do with all the ones I have... Any ideas??

2 comments:

  1. There is a plastic bag recycle bin at Safeway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We save ours too and are really cheap (frugal would be a much better word!) We have not purchased trash bags since we've moved to AZ! So you can imagine how small all of our trash cans are to accommodate these tiny Fry's/Safeway bags lol. Usually we have an overabundance of bags but since I've been shopping at CostCo, problem solved! I'm actually getting low...btw, this was a great story to share...I think you should share more stories such as this one!

    ReplyDelete