Saturday, March 14, 2009

Farmers Market

Today we piled in the car and headed to the Phoenix Public Market (http://www.foodconnect.org/phoenixmarket/ ) -- What a GREAT place! My buddy Marc volunteers up there and told us about it so we thought it might be fun to check out--even though it is about 45 mins away. My parents came with us and we passed the driving time with chatting (as always with my mom and I). The market has local vendors that sell everything from eggs and grain fed beef to crafts and pickles! We snagged some Grain Fed Sirloin Stakes and a Chuck roast (and so did my parents), cage free chicken eggs, our produce for the week and a jar of yummy sweet n soar pickles with jalapenos in them! You will never guess what Kenny bought... Eggplant Lasagna!! They had samples, he tried it and liked it! We met our friend Becky up there and had a lot of fun checking out all the "goods" together. It was a fun morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment