Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Relentless November

On Sunday November 9, 2008 we received a call at 4:45 AM that shocked me to the core. My FIL had passed away just hours before. I couldn't believe that a healthy 47 year man could be taken so quickly- it scared me, a lot. He was someone I really looked up to and I cherished the thought that one day he would be my child's grandpa. He was such a great guy and we grieve for him, but I have comfort to know we will be together again someday and that he is in a better place. His sister said something at his service that will probably stick with me for life. She said that when she heard her brother had passed she pictured him arriving in heaven and being knocked down by all of his dogs Sally ad Cassy - the black labs. And the others Lulu (a pug) all catching up and jumping on him because they were so happy to see him too. I don't know why but it really just gave me peace of mind.


Then on Wednesday October 19- my grand FIL ended his long fight with Alzheimer's. He passed peacefully with family surrounding his bedside and his wife of 61 years holding his hand. His funeral will be Monday at 11.
This is an especially had time for my MIL loosing both her husband and her dad within 10 days of each other.
We are all having a difficult time understanding why this happened so close together, but again I remind myself that God has a plan and he will not give us more than we can handle.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a parent is never easy. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete