Thursday, November 27, 2008

Counting Our Blessings

After the month this family has had I don't think we could have asked for a better Thanksgiving Day celebration. The weather was beautiful- overcast and cool and I think we all really enjoyed spending the time together. Since hosting Turkey Day was a last minute decision we decided to do the meal potluck style. Each family member brought a dish or two


















and DH and I made the Turkey and a few other items- it worked out SO well! Everything tasted great since everyone made what they were good at! We played a laughter, fun filled game of pictionary and ate lots of pie!

We weren't able to make it out to my brothers house so we missed seeing them and my grandparents this year, but they were very understanding. We also missed Quint and Dave, but they were definitely in our thoughts all day today.

Tonight I am making two huge batches of turkey noodle soup with our leftover turkey and bones and will be heading to bed early so I can get up for the black Friday sales tomorrow~~ Kohls and Target here I come!!

2 comments:

  1. That's great that all of you had a very Happy Thanksgiving together. Nice family picture.

    Have fun shopping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, hosting Thanksgiving Dinner? I'm not that brave. Sounds like it went perfectly, though! Pot-luck is a great way to go, so you aren't stuck with all the work.

    ReplyDelete