Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mail Call!

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for all the kind phone calls, e-mails, cards and letters we have received recently. It is nice to know people care and are thinking of us and our family during this time.

Monday we got a note from Kenny's step-sister when we got home from the funeral and it contained several pictures of our little nephew and niece in their Halloween costumes. Our nephew had been a Marine for Halloween and apparently told everyone he was a "submarine"- made us laugh which was just what we needed after the long day we had. He is about the same age as our other nephew Brian who ended up being a business man for Halloween- while we were trick-or-treating this year someone asked him who he was, he promptly responded "I Brian". Kids are so funny!
Also, I wanted to share this new indulgence I have discovered. My friend's brother and his wife came up with this line of homemade soaps called Tvala. I ordered one called Pink Sugar Wafer and it came today (I only ordered it on Saturday night-super fast shipping). It smells absolutely delicious!! And look how cute the packaging was too... check out their website at- http://www.tvalahandmade.com I am thinking I should add these into my Christmas packages!! Yum

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's rough time. By pulling together, you can pull through it. (and I'm glad you indulged yourself, too. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best soap. I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I unfortanetly have traveled this road and time will heal much. ((HUGS)) The soap looks nice too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In times like these it's hard to know what to say to provide comfort, just know I care.

    ReplyDelete