Sunday, May 9, 2010

Saucy Mexican Chicken

This is a super easy recipe I got from Kraft's Food & Family magazine. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the food before we devoured it, so I took a picture of the magazine picture.Ingredients:
boneless skinless chicken breast (On sale this week for $1.69/lb at Bashas for you AZ people)
1 16 oz jar of Salsa
1 15 oz can of black beans (rinsed)
1 Cup of shredded cheese

Cook chicken in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 4 mins on each side or until browned on both sides. Add salsa and beans. Bring to boil. Cover. Simmer on medium-low heat for 5 mins or until chicken is done. Top with cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand covered until cheese is melted.

I didn't have anything to serve with this chicken so I got the idea to throw it all in the bosch to shred the chicken up then we just put it in a tortilla and made burritos! Yummo.

No comments:

Post a Comment